RL: I disagree. You do not owe anyone, or the world, anything. You must first learn to honor your feelings and build interpersonal strength. Those who do the work to heal themselves pave the way to finding true inner happiness. Once you find this happiness, you will find you have more joy and desire to help others, too. Someone who is mentally healthy and happy is far more equipped to help others more meaningfully and with greater impact. As a sufferer of C-PTSD from childhood trauma, I used to put my own needs aside to help others all the time. However, through therapy, as I learn to love myself, I become increasingly happy. This happiness inspires me to be even more useful and compassionate than if I were just striving to do these things to be "valued" by others.
Sylvie: RL, so after healing, you become all these things and happy at the same time. I too have suffered PTSD because of childhood traumas, and a few years ago I was the target of psychological warfare in the workplace after I published my book -- It was the most traumatic experience I went through in my adult life -- if I had not truly resolved my childhood repression, I would not have survived.
https://sylvieshene.blogspot.com/2015/11/psychological-warfare.html
Unresolved childhood traumas combined with present
traumatic experiences are a recipe for tragedy.
This is the root cause of most
of the tragedies we witness in our world. Doing our emotional work and healing
ourselves is the most important work we can do on this planet, and it's a lot. It will help make the world a better place!
No comments:
Post a Comment